Saturday, August 22, 2015

Opinions. Everyone has an asshole.





*DISCLAIMER:  I'll be using the word 'opinion' about seventy-eleven times in this particular post.  If you don't like other people's 'opinion' then you should probably exit stage left right now.  This whole post is about ME and MY 'opinion', so please be aware that you've been properly warned.

Now let me open a Miller Lite and get to it.

I've hurt people online with my opinions.  I'm not sorry for that, because I had no intention of hurting anyone by not agreeing with them.  I didn't attack anyone.  I didn't offer anything other than my own opinion.  I will never feel bad for feeling like I do on any given subject. I'm too old for that shit.  I've had too many people in real life who tried to get me to conform  to their ideas.  Not gonna happen.  I do what I want and say what I want.  You don't agree with me, that's cool.  I don't agree with you, and that should be cool with you.

"Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one."


I don't have a lot of fucks to give these days.  I'm busy with life.  I don't wish anyone harm, and I don't wish anyone sadness.  I don't like it when I see someone who's going through a hard time because I've been through a ton of hard times myself.  I can promise you that if I give my opinion on any given subject it's because it's a very important subject to me.  I have no underlying motive, either.


I believe in the things that I believe in, and you believe in the things that you believe in.  That's cool with me.  I don't give a shit.  No matter what you say, or how many times you explain yourself, I won't be changing my stance on something if it's my own personal conviction.  I'll listen and respect your take on any certain subject respectfully, but it's highly unlikely that a disagreement will change my mind.  Internet trolls be damned.  I feel this way for a fucking reason.  You can explain yourself until you're blue in the face.  You can play like my opinion hurts your feelings if you want. My opinion is MINE.  My opinion is just as important as anyone else's.  Yours is important to you and mine is important to me.  Just because I have an opinion different from yours doesn't mean that you're being attacked or belittled.  On the contrary.  If you feel attacked or singled out by someone else's opinion then you should probably change shoes, as it doesn't have anything to do with me.

"If the shoe fits, wear it."


When someone posts something that not everyone agrees with, there are bound to be disagreements.  Especially if it's something controversial.  But looking at a certain person in a negative way just because they don't think exactly like you doesn't make you a victim. You're not a victim of internet bullying just because someone doesn't like what you said, or your grammar, or your parenting skills, or anything else you may claim.  You can't pull the victim/bully card just because someone doesn't like you or they disagree with you.  You don't have the power to change another person's mind.  Maybe you saw that you could have been able to make more of an effort to better your own situation and got your feelings hurt.  No one is responsible for your feelings or actions but you.  What I do online is my business, just like what you do online is your business.  When I ask for opinions, I expect a variety of opinions.  I don't care if someone doesn't agree with me.  I don't get angry when someone doesn't agree with me, either.  When I share my opinion I'm just doing it where it's appropriate, where opinions of varying degree are welcomed or asked for.  Unless I call your name then you're not the one I'm talking about.  Get over yourself.  You're not that important to me.  I've got way too many things on my mind to be caring if you agree or not.  If you don't agree, you're welcome to state your opinion just like I am and move on.  That's how most grown ups do it, anyway.


"Ain't nobody got time for that."


We all have busy lives with our own household to run.  The 'poor me' attitude of someone who feels attacked by a difference of opinion is a thing of the past.  I don't run around the internet trying to put other people down.  I don't think I'm better than another person who I may or may not know.  I don't discriminate against any soul that dwells on this Earth.  We're all facing our own demons.  I care about living and letting someone else live.  I don't care what you're going through, I'll respect you until you disrespect me.  You're no different than I am.  We're all struggling to have a happy life no matter what circumstances we've been dealt.  I feel empathy when I can, and sympathy for those that deserve it.


"We're all the same inside."


If I offer advice it's because I've been through some shit.  It's because I know a little bit about the lessons I've learned in MY life.  It's an opinion.  You can take it.  You can leave it.  You can get your panties in a bunch and show your ass all over the interwebs, it doesn't matter to me.  It doesn't matter to your audience, either.  If you set out to hurt someone over YOUR butthurt, then you'll only be hurting yourself.  You can't make people stick around and enjoy you if you're always dragging up shit that hurt your feelings.  Doing that only makes people run away from you.  If you want people to like you, then you should at least be likable.  Most likeable people aren't whiny little pussies, in MY opinion.


"Only the strong survive."


You could have a different opinion than I have about anything from the most comfortable socks or undies we wear, to religion and politics and parenting.  I don't care what your opinion is, it still won't change mine.  That doesn't mean that you have a license to pull the 'I'm being bullied' card.  It means we don't agree, there's nothing wrong with not being in agreement with someone.   Leave it as a disagreement, move on, and let shit go.  If some people can agree to just disagree then those people are the ones who are taking the higher road.  No harm, no foul.  Disagreements should never be the reason for a shit-storm.


"Let's just agree to disagree."


Time for this old Hussy to step outside of the crazy and maybe drink another beer.  Who's with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment