Sunday, September 14, 2014

Why I Am The Original Hussy® (Part 2)



I've been putting this off for far too long.  I kind of know what I want to say here, but haven't been able to come up with the right words to say it.  So, I'll start at the beginning.


Back in the day, when the internet was dial up, I paid 20 bucks a month to have a place to go outside of my normal day-to-day life that I could be anyone I wanted to be.  It was my way of escaping who I was and the life I was living.  It was my way of NOT being who I actually was. You see, I didn't much care for me.  I didn't like myself.  You could even say that I hated me. I was my enemy.  I was a drug addict with self esteem issues.  I was a really messed up person.  And I used the interwebs to be a better me.  I used it to be a me that I wanted to be and hoped to be.

After years of therapy, dozens of different medicine combinations, two drug rehabs, and countless life lessons, I learned that I couldn't find happiness outside of my skin.  The interwebs couldn't cure me, the doctors couldn't cure me, the rehabs couldn't cure me.  It was up to me to be happy on my own.  And if I couldn't learn to be happy, then I would be dead.  It was at this point in life that I knew that I was worth living for.  I wanted to live. REALLY LIVE!  And no one was going to save my life but me.  So my true journey began.

I slowly started telling myself every single day, no matter how hard it was, that happiness starts within me.  I deserved it.  I was loveable.  I was worthy.  I love me.  I know it sounds simple, but it's how I survived.  All the rehabs, doctors, and medicine didn't help me.  I helped me.  I just woke up one morning and said to myself, "Self, you don't like your life and the way you live, the way you feel, it's up to you to turn it around and start liking it, for fuck's sake!"  And after that morning I was a totally different person.  Sure I had bad days.  I had bad dreams.  It wasn't easy.  Not at first.  Doubt crept in from time to time and tried to make me think that I'd never make it.  But I kept at it.  I kept reassuring myself that my happy is mine alone and no amount of negative could take it away from me unless I let it.  And I wasn't about to let it.  That was around 8 years ago.

Now I'm not gonna say that life has been full of rainbows and shiny shit.  I've had some bad times since then.  I moved up to Ohio with a total asshat douchebag piece of shit motherfucker who drug me back down to darkness and stole everything I owned, but that was my bad.  I won't blame him because all the red flags were waving before I took that big ole step, but my silly ass had to learn the hard way.  Two broken ribs, one domestic violence shelter, and a charge of simple assault later and my ass was back home and back to telling myself that my happy was my damn happy again.  Ya hear me?!?!

Fast forward to about 3 years ago......I was facebooking with a new found confidence. Getting back in touch with old friends from high school, connecting with family that had moved away from the area.  Seeing my foster family in Georgia and how they had grown and had kids and went through hard times and happy times.  I was a total freaking junkie for the book of faces!  I made new friends.  Saw a bunch of drama.  Realized that sometimes your facebook profile is not the place to show how much of a dumbass you are.  Facebook is not the place to blast your relationship problems.  And facebook is not the place to run to when you're angry or emotional about something.  It can and will cause you problems if you put your personal shit out there for everyone else to read.  It taught me that if I have something to say to someone, I should take it directly to the person who should be hearing it.

And with that, I needed a place to vent sometimes.  A place to let off steam and a place to say things where only other women could read them.  A place to ask for advice when I needed it. And so I created a private group called "Hussies Unite" and asked a few friends to join and they invited their friends to join and so I became The Original Hussy® 

The group has grown dormant since I started my own facebook page, but once in a while someone will come to the group just to vent, or share what's going on in their world.  But mostly it's always quiet nowadays.  It was a good thing for a while.  And I'm somewhat sad that it's not very active anymore, but I have my page and my Tumblr and this.  So I'm good.


And I'm happy.  That was the whole point.  My happiness.  My self love.  I found it with the help of others, my desire to love and be loved, and with sharing my nightmare of a life that turned into a life that is good.  And by good, I mean I'm able to smile in most any situation because I know for a fact that I am worth much more than I thought I was back in the day.



Thanks for reading and much <3 Hussy Love <3
I've got a whole shit ton of it to pass around these days!

And if you're a woman who can keep a secret and need a place to vent or think you could help when someone else vents then please feel free to join the group, Hussies Unite!

2 comments:

  1. You are a brave and beautiful soul. I'm so happy I found your blog. Great writing, I'll be back for more. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fucking great, I'm so happy for you Hussy. I can completely connect with this. I love ya you know you're my favorite Hussy great post :)

    ReplyDelete