Friday, April 17, 2015

What Friendship Means To Me. #FriendshipRevolution

Photo courtesy of Alone At Dawn



When thinking of what I want or expect in a true friend, it's not very complicated.  I have only a handful of real life friends that I actually spend physical time with, and I'm okay with that.  I'm weird when it comes to spending time with people.  I'm not very trusting when it comes to allowing people into my everyday life.  I've been burned so many times by people that were supposed to be my friend that I eventually just shut out most people.  I'm at a place in life where it doesn't really matter if someone visits me on a regular basis, if they like me or if they don't, or about trying to impress anyone.  I love my true friends with a fierce passion and would go to the ends of the Earth to help them if I'm in a position to do so.  When I see them or talk to them, nothing has changed in my eyes.  We just pick up where we left off.  No fuss.  Simple.


HunnyMan and I chillin' on a backroad
My very best friend is my HunnyMan.  He knows how I tick, and still makes fun of me, and still loves being around me, and doesn't give a fuck if I want to be quiet or want to be loud.  He accepts me as I am in pretty much any situation and we have fun together.  Whether we're messing around in the yard, just hanging out in our recliners, doing the dirty in the bedroom, or any mundane chore that must be done we love being together.  Some nights he has to beg me to play Monopoly, (because that game sucks since they've figured out how to beat me) but we laugh.  Being a friend that I can laugh with is awesome.


I have a close neighbor, who I can't name because she doesn't do the internet thing, who brings her kids over from time to time and we've gotten pretty close.  We'll call her 'Suzy Q' just for kicks.  She reminds me of a Suzy Q.  So, her two girls are ten and seven.  Lil Dump loves when they come over here or we go over there.  HunnyMan is friends with Suzy Q's husband so it makes for a good match.  We all win in this situation.  Suzy Q and I get to hang out, the kids get to make memories, and the men even get some much needed man therapy.  The thing about Suzy Q and I is that we are both on the same page when it comes to socializing.  We keep our circle small because we're both total weirdo's.  That's good for both of us.  We always enjoy hanging out together.  We have a lot in common.  We're both country ass hicks who drink beer and mess around in the woods.  We both wear boots and love riding around on ATV'S, and shit.  We both make our kids mind and teach them the way we were taught.  We both are total bitches and make fun of each other for being total bitches.  See what I mean?  Being a friend who has something in common with me is awesome.


Rissa and I.  This was a fun day!
I've got a friend who I rarely see anymore.  Not because we live too far apart, but because life gets in the way.  She's my girl, she helps me look out for nonsense in the one group that I started years ago, and she's fucking amazing.  She even helped me move some shit one time when I was down and out and had no one else.  She's one of those friends who are loyal to the end of the world.  She pretty much has it all.  The laughs, the love, the common denominators, the loyalty, and she get's my sarcasm.  I love you, Rissa!




My 19 year old, Me, and Mama

I'm friends with my Mama.  No need to explain that one.  She gives the best advice.  I'm friends with my little Sister and Brother.  We always have a lot of giggles when we're around each other.  I'm friends with my 19 year old.  I may ride her ass from time to time, but for the most part she's my friend now that she's grown.  Being friends with my family feels pretty damn good.  I also have family in Georgia that I still feel very close to thanks to social media.  They may not be my blood relatives, but they're a part of me, nonetheless. 


Speaking of social media and the sentiment of my family being part of my friendship circle brings me to my internet friends.  I've met some extraordinary people online.  Some of them know more about me than I know about myself.  No, seriously, some of them do know more than I care to divulge anywhere else.  Being part of a group brings you close to people who you wouldn't otherwise know in real life.  I share in their happiness, sadness, accomplishments, and even failures.  I share the same things with them.  I've grown to love a multitude of different people thanks to the interwebs.  They come from all walks of life.  They are all different and all special in their own way.  They play an important part in my life, whether they know it or not.  When I'm unable to reach out physically to a loved one, I can always go to my close online buddies.  They don't judge me, they don't hound me, they don't hate on me, but they ALWAYS know the right words to say when I need them.  I may not get the response that I want, but they will tell me what I need to hear.  Whether I agree with them or not, they're my friends.  I respect an opinion shared without malicious intent.  It's good for any grown person.  I take what I need, use it if I can, and do my very best to be the same type of friend to them.  I may fall short, but I try my best to be a good person, even when being a good person is hard for me to do.



I may not be everyone's friend, and that works for me since I'm such a weirdo.  I don't need to be everyone's friend.  I know that the things I expect from my friends are pretty much the same things that they're going to get from me.  I need laughter, something in common, loyalty, an understanding that sarcasm will happen, and a feeling of belonging.  It's a beautiful combination once we get to know each other.

See?  No fuss.  Simple.

Wanna go fishing?

HELL YEAH!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome girl. I'm so happy you have all these people in your life. Especially Hunny Man. I'm so proud to call you my friend and look forward to many more years of late night phone calls over beer and whiskey ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're a mess, ain't we? Love you, Girl! HunnyMan sure did turn my life in a new direction, for the better!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad to have you in my life. Mwah!!!

    ReplyDelete